19 April 2013

history of design

Ever since I was a child I use to love to design.  I loved to play with toys like legos and barbies, that would allow me to do whatever I wanted.  I had a huge barbie house that came in three sections, and man, did those ever stay in the same figure for long?  Of course not!  I would move them around all the time.  My Dad even built me an extra room, a simple piece of wood with legs, that I use to use for all sorts of room arrangements.  Lots of fun.  I even would redesign my room layout every so often.  My parents got very sick of me moving the furniture around the room, or as the case really was, them moving the furniture around the room. I also started to sew as a little child, age 8, and love to do that to this day.

As I moved into high school I started to take a lot of design classes.  I had a blast in computer graphics, and even more fun in the part 2 of it.  We made all sorts of fun things, shirts, mugs, posters, licence plate frames, and other things I don't recall.  I also love my drafting classes and spent most of my days in that room.  And not only did I love the computer for drafting, but the hard drafting as well.  There is just something about a drafting table and a straight edge that I just love.

I got to enjoy design some more when I went to college.  I took art classes, music classes, more drafting classes, and a bunch of fun extremely random design classes just so that I could learn more.  And yes, eventually I had to stop taking classes because I had too many credits.  I went into architecture and had all of my past talents merged into one.  We designed buildings, made wonderful graphics describing them.  I drafted and got to make fun models.  We played with photography.  I even got to sew!  

From there I have just continued designing whatever I can.  I play around with one thing for awhile, then move onto another.  I continuously have new ideas of what to do and what to design.  I just can't enough of it, and love to play with things.

So, how did you become interested in design?


Do you want to be featured on my blog with some of these questions?  Go to these interview questions and fill them out, answer as many as you want or do not want to.  I will more than likely edit them down anyways. Then send them to me at thevicagirl, and I will go ahead and post your interview.  I will be intermixing interviews with other posts, so your interview may not appear for a while, do not get upset at this please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Concerns? Emotional Outbursts?