29 December 2014

Big Ben - London - Lego Review


Guess what I got for Christmas?  Yep, that is right, some architecture Legos!  So exciting.  I do love these little buildings, just like the real thing....  Actually I think it was the most genius idea Lego ever had.  Afterall, a lot of architects played with Lego as a kid, and have a passion for them.  However, I hate the little kits for spaceships and such, who care?  But, I do love the build with them.  So to make famous landmarks?  It is like every little architect's dream.  I love mine, and yes, I have even seen them in architects offices before.  They are fun!  So today I thought I'd do a little review / tutorial thing.

It comes in this nice box, the picture on the front of what you are going to build.

It also comes with this fun little book that teaches you, step by step how to build it, so easy.

My favorite part of the book is that it has cool pictures and information about the buildings that I never knew.
 
I opened it, it has the blocks nicely sorted in plastic by size.

Starting the build.  This is always one of the best parts, no idea why I love the base so much.

It gets taller, can you see the cool sides?  I just loved building them.

Upwards, most of the layers were similar, and they hid these black pieces inside, so fun.

Then it had me build these little structures.

And then I put them on!  With more of the cool sides.

The tower is coming along, layer after layer.

Then it had me build the top.  Not sure why I could just put it on, but I made it separately.

The finished product!  Whoohoo!  I love this thing.  It now sits nicely on my shelf by the Sydney Opera House.

Crazy right?  I love these things, they are so easy to do, and so much fun.  It feels like you are building the best architecture in the world.  I also love all the idiosyncrasies that it has.  Love, and love again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Concerns? Emotional Outbursts?