10 July 2014

Gertrude Jackson Cook Casper Diraries

I would like to introduce you to my Great-Grandma, Gertrude Jackson Cook Casper.  Today would have been her 135th birthday.  I didn't know her at all, my mother wasn't alive that long before she passed away, but like all ancestors, she still holds a place in my heart.  Here are some pictures of her.

Gertrude Jackson Cook  ~ age 6
Gertrude Jackson Cook
Gertrude Jackson Cook Casper
Gertrude Jackson Cook Casper
Gertrude Jackson Cook Casper
Gertrude Jackson Cook Casper
Gertrude Jackson Cook Casper near adobe house
 In the later years of her life, she kept some journals.  They were five year journals, so something small written every day for five years.  We were able to get to hold these precious journals, and scan them into the computer.  Here is the journal from 1941-1945, and here for 1946-1950.  Unfortunately she passed away before she was able to finish the last one, so parts can look a bit empty.

If you decide to print them, I would suggest two PDF pages a sheet, and get them printed both sides.  Take them to a printer and they will do it for you.  I could probably do it as well for you, if you would like it, leave a comment or email me and we will see what the cost will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Concerns? Emotional Outbursts?