12 June 2014

natural beauty

Time for a rant.  I had a friend who I once was talking to about how she was going to freshen up, if she was going to put on any makeup or anything.  Now, I for one have mixed emotions about makeup.  I love it, I love to dress up all pretty, or all funky, and change my look to whatever I am in the mood for.  I love Halloween for that reason.  Bring on the makeup!  However, I am not one to use it everyday.  I go through my phases, wearing it a lot, to wearing it a little.  But, when I asked my friend about it, she had a fit, saying there was no way she was going to be wearing makeup.  I asked, not even mascara?  Afterall, it was a presentation day, and I had sprung for some small makeup.  But no, apparently her mother never wore any makeup, and she has no wrinkles today, so she wasn't going to justify wearing makeup because she didn't want wrinkles....

Yeah, so I don't know if it is true or not.  She claims it is in the removable of makeup and moving your skin around that it stretches it out.  I happen to think she is a beautiful girl, got that beautiful South America skin going on, and that has a lot to do with it.  She doesn't need makeup, but then neither do I.  I just enjoy it.

On the other hand I have many friends, that are old enough to be my mother, who think they can't go out of the house without makeup on.  That they would look horrible without it.  They probably have been doing it for years.  And, I will admit to having seen some without it, and it did scare me, but mostly because I was not use to it.

There is also a lot going around about the chemicals inside of makeup being bad for you.  I am not here to tell you they are not.  I am not going to say they are.  There probably is a lot of makeup that is bad for you to use year after year, just like a lot of things in life.  But, I am here to tell you that you don't need to worry, afterall, we are all going to die anyways.  If you want to use it, do it.  If you don't, don't.  I think you are beautiful anyway you are.  And that is your natural beauty anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Concerns? Emotional Outbursts?