18 April 2014

my experiences visting general conference 2014

Hey guys, so recently in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints we had a historic meeting of women.  It was the first Women's Meeting as a part of general conference, and I was invited to apply to sing in the choir.  It was exciting to just be in the group that might sing.  I was not chosen for the choir, they picked 'at random,' although I think if you had family also applying you got priority, and I did not.  But, the application asked some fun questions that I thought I would share my answers with you.

Please share a brief, memorable musical experience.  (and we got two lines to write it on....)
Singing a solo of "Oh What Songs of the Heart" at my Grandfather's funeral, being able to bear testimony of the Plan of Salvation to my inactive family. This was a great time in life, I was sort of nervous, but was super glad to be able to share what I knew to be true with my family, most of which don't have the same beliefs.

If chosen, what do you hope to learn from this experience (musically or spiritually)?
How great the awe and majesty of singing with a large group of sisters in the grand conference center would be.  And think about it, wow.  If only there had been a way to capture that I wanted to sing in such a great hall, not because it is big and such, but because I appricate it for the architectural wonder that it is.  If you haven't seen it, or paid attention, it has no collums.  That's right, none.  So cool.  And to be singing with that many sisters, cool.  I have got to sing in the Tabernacle, and it is suppose to have better sound anyways, so...

source: http://www.byujourneys.org/
My Mother and I did get tickets to go to the Saturday morning session of conference, which was pretty cool.  So, we did get to go and see some.  I have done that before, but it was fun to take my Mother this time.

If you want to go ahead and learn more about the LDS church, click here and learn.  You can also look at my profile, but it is small, for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Concerns? Emotional Outbursts?