06 November 2013

Language- the death of society -from myspace

Original post date: 6 Nov 2007 

So, I've been noticing lately some of the things that people have been talking about, and I don't like it.  The language people use to describe something, swearing, or fake swearing, just isn't cool.  It is not classy.  Swearing is boring.  It makes the person sound stupid, like they can't come up with a different word to use.  It is totally unattractive; I want a smart guy, not a stupid one.  It can be very offensive to people.  People have very strong believes, and if you insult what they believe, you insult them.  Then they won't want to be around you, and you can lose friends.  Real friends want you to be better than who you are.  If you are swearing to fit in, stop, they just want to see you make an idiot out of yourself, they don't care about you.  Talking about inappropriate things is not cool either.  I spend a lot of time with a lot of guys, and am almost forgotten that I am a girl.  If it offends anybody, male or female, black or white, old or young, you shouldn't be saying it even if the person it offends is not near.  It just isn't cool.  And don't say it is just the way you talk.  I had a friend who I went on a trip with.  Before we left she said something I didn't really like, nothing to bad.  I said "Hey, watch your language," almost joking.  She didn't say anything remotely bad the rest of the trip.  It can be stopped, and I think everyone should.

Disclaimer:  This post was originally made on the website MySpace.  MySpace has changed and I don't use it any more.  However, I didn't want to loose this. So, now you can enjoy them here on my blog as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Concerns? Emotional Outbursts?