10 August 2013

To love or to sell

The age old question - what is it that you will make, the thing that will sell or what you love.  I personally like to make what I like to make.  I am a person, and I love what I make.  Hence, other people will love them as well.  I mainly do what I do for fun, not for others and not to make a million dollars.

Granted, there is a certain amount in the art that has to be toward the market or else nothing will ever sell.  Even if it isn't just what the item is that is applicable, but marketing it in such a way that it looks on trend and like it fits perfectly with the current season and what is selling.

There is also a little bit of having to make what sells, even if it isn't your favorite thing.  You may get tired of the same thing over and over again, but you have to make money somehow.  

So, how about you, do you make what you love, or what will sell?

Do you want to be featured on my blog with some of these questions?  Go to these interview questions and fill them out, answer as many as you want or do not want to.  I will more than likely edit them down anyways. Then send them to me at thevicagirl, and I will go ahead and post your interview.  I will be intermixing interviews with other posts, so your interview may not appear for a while, do not get upset at this please.

1 comment:

  1. Unquestionably believe that which you stated. Your favorite reason appeared to be on the
    net the easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get irked while
    people consider worries that they just do not know about.
    You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined
    out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal.

    Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

    My blog ... Woodbury Realtors

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Questions? Concerns? Emotional Outbursts?