03 January 2013

Mocking Bell -from brickfish

Original post date: 31 Dec 2008 



I think I'd really love to get rid of half of the stuff in my house.  Yes, half. Take for instance the bell, sitting on my nightstand.  I know it is a horrible little item, just there mocking me and my need for it to leave.  But does it?  No.  It knows I can't bear the thought of throwing it away and how wasteful that would be. It also knows the only reason I took it in the first place is so I wouldn't feel bad by not taking the stupid little piece from the hard working lady at church.  It knows it is empty and has no point in life.  Still it sits there, cluttering up my room.  And if say, the guy I like gave it to me, it would forever be this ghastly little bell that would never leave because it had some sentimental power to be forever in my life, and probably end up in a cardboard box in the basement. Which, by the way, I have stacks of good cardboard boxes cluttering up life so incase I find more useless items to keep I have the box for them. Gosh life is horrible!

Disclaimer:  This post was originally made on the website Brickfish.  It was entered into a contest, got lots of views, votes and comments.  Brickfish has changed, even got removed altogether, since I originally posted.  However, I didn't want to loose these again, I put a lot of time into them.  So, now you can enjoy them here on my blog as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Concerns? Emotional Outbursts?