26 January 2013

Filter -from myspace

Original post date: 28 Jan 2006 

So, I'm on a computer today that I haven't been on for awhile.  While I was gone they have installed a filter.  I had planned on coming and playing games all day, but because of the new filter, I can't.  It won't let me on.  I thought I would share my thoughts.

I hate, I mean hate, filters.  They are so stupid.  The idea behind it is nice.  They protect you from what you don't want to see.  Well, they don't work.  Let's take the games for example.  I play them like everyday, nothing bad in it, nothing.  The site they are on is a kids site with a pretty heavy filter anyways.  It won't let you post "hot."  So it is okay.  Yet on the other hand, it will let you get in here.  You could go find the people who swear every other word, and find all the pictures of girls wearing hardly anything.  Now, some of you may like that, but I for one don't.  I don't want to see it, and it doesn’t block that, yet it will block my little games.

My whole point is that I am a responsible person.  I know what I want to look at and what I don't.  If I find something I don't want to see, I'll leave.  I don't need other people deciding what I want to do.

Stupid things.

Just to add, it is now blocking my pictures I have on my website.  The ones I put up, I feel fine looking at them, nothing bad there.  Blah.


Disclaimer:  This post was originally made on the website MySpace.  MySpace has changed, and I don't get on it anymore.  However, I didn't want to loose this.  So, now you can enjoy them here on my blog as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Concerns? Emotional Outbursts?