18 December 2012

Legos, what the world should be built out of. -from brickfish

Original post date: 31 Dec 2008 


My favorite toys are Legos.  When I was a child, I loved to play with these little pieces of heaven.  I don't mean the little play sets that you can build a spaceship or an animal with, but the plain building blocks.

My favorite thing to build is buildings.  I enjoyed playing with them so much, my mother decided that I would most likely be an architect.  Now I am in architecture and amazed at how many people I know also love Legos.  My favorite architects even have a project that incorporates Legos into the design.                  
                
 It is not a hobby that has gone away, I still love them.  I had sorted them all by color and put them in a box in my basement.  Then, I lost them.  I have been searching for them for about a year.  The other day our water heater exploded, covering my boxes in water.  My Dad was moving a box and I was able to see the other side of it, which was labeled 'Legos.'  I literally jumped for joy.  I was so excited that I had found them I was dancing  around.  I couldn't wait to play with them.  It didn't take long for me to start.


The small house was fun; it had a lot of design problems to work out. Who would have thought?  My latest goal is to build a whole man out of Legos.  I need some more, but  have got a good start on his head.  I modeled him after my Dad for the face shape, but my friend and I decided his hair looks just like a guy I work with, I think he resembles Isaac Hanson.

My favorite thing to build was large houses.  I would start to build and then run out of blocks because I didn't have enough.  I then would have to buy more, then more, then more.  It is sad that kids don't play with Legos a lot anymore.  Everything has to be electronic. 


Disclaimer:  This post was originally made on the website Brickfish.  It was entered into a contest, got lots of views, votes and comments.  Brickfish has changed, even got removed altogether, since I originally posted.  However, I didn't want to loose these again, I put a lot of time into them.  So, now you can enjoy them here on my blog as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Concerns? Emotional Outbursts?