28 April 2014

new ancestor journal - Esther Bathsheba Wright

As many of you may know, I love my ancestors.  I have never been one to hide that fact.  I love to go downtown Salt Lake City in the Family History Library and have tons of fun looking them up.  You can do a lot of it online now, but every so often you find those amazing things that are only downtown.  This is one.

Esther Bathsheba Wright is my great-great-great-grandmother, on my father's side.  I don't know as much about his side as I do my mother's, but I am learning.  We recently found a journal of hers downtown in the library.  I was a pain in the butt to find, we were one three floors, and nobody knew where it was.  Eventually we learned it was in the special collection that only workers are allowed in because the books are so close they don't want them to fall on you.  I think I surprised the guy because of how happy I was to get it, but we had been looking for a half hour. 

I was able to scan it in, they have those cool book scanners, then fix it up a bit at home.  Here is the link for it.  I have been having a lot of fun reading it, love it a lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Concerns? Emotional Outbursts?