25 December 2012

childhood presents


I just thought I would share what I got for Christmas this year.  It reminds me a lot of what I use to get as a child.  

I got an Architect Barbie (I collect dolls, and had the largest collection of Barbies as a child that I knew of.  When everyone else had maybe one or two to play with I had like ten or twelve.)  Now that I have my Masters in Architecture, I love this doll.  She is so typical, right down to her model house, blue blueprints, even though they aren't anymore, black jacket, black glasses (which I also own some) and black jacket.  Ah.  

I also got some Legos.  I use to have tons of these as a kid, way more than anyone I ever knew, or still do.  This is the Sydney Opera House.  And yes, I put it together first thing in the morning.  It was a lot of fun, and really enjoyed building a famous building.  I kept telling my family, it is totally not for the kids.  It is for those of us who have decided that architecture is our chosen profession, and had such a fun time playing with these toys when younger.  I love it.  One down, fourteen to go.

And then, I got wood.  And oh was I confused.  But you see, I had asked my mother if I could get my bed raised like her bed is.  She has it tilted because of health reasons, but man is it comfy especially when sick to have a tiny tilt so you aren't sleeping flat with all the crap gathering in your head.  And, I got that, or so they claim, it hasn't been raised yet.

And yet, although I love what I got, I do also love what I gave.  I had been shopping for my family progressively the last few months, and when I saw them all opened together sitting around, I thought - man, we got a lot of nice stuff this year.  The Donald Trump tie, the Guess purse, the lovely medic alert keychains handmade from Metal Adornments.  It was a super nice Christmas, as well as the fun times I was able to spend with family.  I hope next year is just as good, if not better.

1 comment:

Comments? Questions? Concerns? Emotional Outbursts?