21 March 2011

runway


As I was looking at the latest fashion shows from all over I was struck by the beauty of a simple necklace in which a series of circles were linked together creating an extremely long necklace. I decided to use it as inspiration and create my own necklace.


I have had in my basement for years some old 5 1/4” floppy disks, millions without end of them. I had been making other jewelry out of them, but they had this perfect little circle in the middle I couldn’t let go of. So, when my circle challenge came along I decided to put the two worlds together.

What came out of it was a nice long but very light necklace. I have them for sale here:  Long Black Circles

1 comment:

  1. I love the necklace. Great idea. Found your link on etsy promo page.....

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Questions? Concerns? Emotional Outbursts?